Thursday, October 30, 2008

Fear and Floating

"Do you believe in God the father...do you renounce Satan?" recited the priest. Creepy organ music played. The Don's son was now baptized. Shortly thereafter the bloated bodies started floating face down in the river behind Home Depot. First it was the Ecuadorian, thank you, and then J Kruz. The next floater was Lil' C. I pleaded with the Don to let me off the hook... for old times sake. His reply is not printable, nor is how Luca will butcher my emaciated body.
The Moe Greene effect is nothing new, but for me it has become personal. The Feds say I'm safe. Who trusts the Feds? Just a bunch of lifers who've failed upwardly. My mind wanders into dark places, death stares at me knowingly. The torture is when, where, and how. I wake up aware that the Don doesn't sleep and ask myself if this is the last day. Sometimes I want it to be, praying it's quick.

2 comments:

Ron N Dunn said...

Nice day for a swim PTJ, you rat! Have fun with the fishes.

Badge said...

The only question left is who plays Adon in the movie version of the blog.